Production Supervisor Needed
Unity Doors is a specialist in the design, manufacture and supply of bespoke composite and timber door sets. We are recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join our Newent Production Management team.
- Reporting to: Manufacturing & Engineering Manager
- Direct Reports: All Production Operatives on late shift (c.25 employees)
- Location: Based at our Head Office in Newent, Gloucestershire
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week – Late Shift 2.30pm to 11pm, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility required on hours of work. Would also consider rotating shift with days (6.00am to 2.30pm)
- Salary: Dependent on experience – Up to £35k per annum
- Benefits: Up to 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance, discount on products
We’re looking to appoint someone as soon as possible, so please forward cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your salary expectation, notice period and of course highlighting your strengths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve the output figures using the agreed direct labour pool for in the most efficient manner and within agreed limits for overtime working
- To communicate clearly and regularly with the employees to ensure that everyone is aware of the daily/weekly and monthly priorities in order to achieve the appropriate site budgets
- To instill and develop the new culture and core values with all employees
- To communicate and agree priorities with Manufacturing & Engineering Manager should problems in production arise
- To recommend ways in which the output can be improved or costs can be reduced to improve to profitability and efficiency of the business
- To work closely with the Manufacturing & Engineering Manager and other members of the site management team to help achieve the overall objectives of the Newent business
- To work with the Manufacturing & Engineering Manger to identify poor performance and absence issues and to take the necessary action to correct this including carrying out disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- To ensure that quality targets are met and corrective actions are undertaken in a timely manner to correct faults
- To ensure that all staff follow and adheres to Health and Safety requirements and that they lead by example on how people should perform their roles safely
- To implement training for staff to ensure that we have sufficient skilled resources in key areas to be able to develop the business
- To develop and maintain high levels of housekeeping and organisation throughout the workplace and promote good housekeeping at every level
- Take leadership role and deputise for Manufacturing & Engineering Manager, as and when appropriate, as well as cover the other Supervisor’s key duties when absent
Must have Skills, abilities & Characteristics
- Previous experience of successfully supervising a production unit with varying volumes and mix of work
- Strong man-management skills with experience of dealing with HR / Employment matters
- Clear understanding of Health and Safety practices and experience of implementing and reinforcing procedures
- Highly organised approach to work and able to react positively to demands from the business
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence individuals
- Computer literate
- Must be able to lead from the front and to be a positive role model
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay ahead of everything that’s happening at Unity Group by subscribing to our newsletter.