WE’RE RECRUITING FOR A PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Unity Doors is a specialist in the design, manufacture and supply of composite doorsets, fire doorsets and timber/ fire doorsets and accessories. Due to continued growth we are now recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join our Newent Production Management team.
- Reporting to: Manufacturing & Engineering Manager
- Direct reports: Production Operatives over 2 shifts
- Location: Based at our Head Office in Newent, Gloucestershire
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week – Working 6am to 2.30pm or 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, dependent on the needs of the business.
- Salary: Dependent on experience – Up to £35k per annum
- Benefits: Up to 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance, discount on products, employee assistance programme, workwear.
We’re looking to appoint someone as soon as possible, so please forward cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your salary expectation, notice period and of course highlighting your strengths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve the output figures using the agreed direct labour pool for in the most efficient manner and within agreed limits for overtime working.
- To communicate clearly and regularly with the employees to ensure that everyone is aware of the daily/weekly and monthly priorities in order to achieve the appropriate site budgets.
- To instill and develop the new culture and core values with all employees.
- To communicate and agree priorities with Manufacturing & Engineering Manager should problems in production arise.
- To recommend ways in which the output can be improved or costs can be reduced to improve to profitability and efficiency of the business.
- To work closely with the Manufacturing & Engineering Manager and other members of the site management team to help achieve the overall objectives of the Newent business.
- To work with the Manufacturing & Engineering Manger to identify poor performance and absence issues and to take the necessary action to correct this including carrying out disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- To ensure that quality targets are met and corrective actions are undertaken in a timely manner to correct faults.
- To ensure that all staff follow and adheres to Health and Safety requirements and that they lead by example on how people should perform their roles safely.
- To implement training for staff to ensure that we have sufficient skilled resources in key areas to be able to develop the business.
- To develop and maintain high levels of housekeeping and organisation throughout the workplace and promote good housekeeping at every level.
- Take leadership role and deputise for Manufacturing & Engineering Manager, as and when appropriate, as well as cover the other Supervisor’s key duties when absent.
Must have Skills, abilities & Characteristics
- Previous experience of successfully supervising a production unit with varying volumes and mix of work
- Strong man-management skills with experience of dealing with HR / Employment matters
- Clear understanding of Health and Safety practices and experience of implementing and reinforcing procedures
- Highly organised approach to work and able to react positively to demands from the business
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence individuals
- Computer literate
- Must be able to lead from the front and to be a positive role model
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay ahead of everything that’s happening at Unity Group by subscribing to our newsletter.