WE’RE RECRUITING FOR A SALES ESTIMATOR
Unity Doors is a specialist in the design, manufacture and supply of composite and timber door sets and accessories. We are recruiting for a Sales Estimator to join our JCK Joinery team in Leicester.
- Reporting to: Commercial Office Manager
- Location: Based at our JCK Joinery site in Leicester city centre
- Hours of work:37.5 hours per week – Monday to Thursday, 8.45am to 5.00pm and Friday
8.45am to 3.45pm (with 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
- Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Benefits: Up to 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life
assurance, discount on door products, employee assistance programme and retail discount scheme, on site parking, production bonus.
We’re looking to appoint someone as soon as possible, so please forward cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your salary expectation, notice period and of course highlighting your strengths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce timber joinery door set quotations in line with customer specifications
- Ensure quotations and orders comply with certification scheme requirements and testing legislation
- Liaise with customers to understand and clarify their requirements
- Compile client drawings specific to customer sales orders through both Joinerysoft and AutoCAD
- Arrange customer deliveries with both the customer and logistics company, ensuring correct transport is organised
- Compile cutting lists for production, as and when required (in absence of Technical Advisor)
- Compilation of sales / invoicing information for Commercial Office Manager
- Control specifications and liaise with Technical Advisor on products
- Involvement in reviewing certification and specification requirements
- Involvement in reviewing audit documentation and coordinating annual site visits from assessing bodies
- Work closely with the Commercial Office Manager on ad-hoc project work
Must have Skills, abilities & Characteristics
- Previous experience of working in a commercial office within a manufacturing / construction environment, preferably with timber joinery and / or building products
- Used to working in a small team and willing to work closely with colleagues from the office and shopfloor to achieve goals and targets
- Ability to learn and interpret technical information in relation to product requirements
- Highly organised approach to work and able to react positively to demands from the business
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence individuals
- Strong IT skills and experience of working with ERP systems and Microsoft packages
- Experience of working with design packages such as AutoCAD (desirable)
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay ahead of everything that’s happening at Unity Group by subscribing to our newsletter.