WE’RE RECRUITING FOR A MULTI-SKILLED MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Unity Doors is a specialist in the design, manufacture and supply of composite doorsets and bespoke timber doorsets. Due to continued growth we’re looking to recruit a multi-skilled Manufacturing Engineer to join our Engineering team at our Newent site.
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Location: Based at our Head Office in Newent, Gloucestershire
- Hours of work:40 hours per week – 9.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Salary: Dependent on experience – Up to £35k per annum
- Benefits: Up to 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance, uniform, free drinks and car parking, discount on products.
We’re looking to appoint someone as soon as possible, so please forward cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your salary expectation, notice period and of course highlighting your strengths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains assigned equipment in good operating order by:
– Performing TPM activities as and when required, including cleaning, checking, adjusting, and testing, according to equipment checklists
– Make repairs to equipment promptly and effectively as required
– Maintains up-to-date spare parts inventory and arranges necessary ordering of replacement parts
– Maintains accurate TPM records
– Prepared and able to train operators in basic equipment repairs / maintenance
- Able to operate production machinery especially CNC for the purpose of set-up, adjustment or fault finding
- Source and liaise with 3rd party contractors to complete statutory or complex maintenance / repairs
- Performs other related tasks as required continually focusing on the prevention and elimination of problem reoccurrence rather than the traditional “fix it” approach
- Comfortable working in a “start-up” environment as and when new equipment is introduced
- Maybe required to do basic building maintenance or repair work in all areas of the plant
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area using the 5S (or similar) techniques and follows all safety and works regulations
- Works closely with Engineering Manager on projects and ad-hoc activities
Must have Skills, abilities & Characteristics
- Mechanical engineering qualifications or time worked apprenticeship
- Previous experience of working on CNC / PLC production machinery and knowledge of repair / fault finding
- Understanding of electrical works or relevant qualifications – City & Guilds 17th Edition level and PAT Testing, desirable
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing / production environment, preferably working with high volume and bespoke products
- Team player and willingness to get the job done
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Driven, passionate and committed to ensuring personal and company success
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay ahead of everything that’s happening at Unity Group by subscribing to our newsletter.