Technical & Quality Manager
CAN YOU TELL US A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOUR ROLE AT UNITY DOORS AND WHAT IT ENTAILS?
I’ve taken on the role of Technical & Quality Manager looking after both the composite and timber door ranges. My primary responsibilities are to drive forward our technical innovation and ensure all of our certification, accreditations and processes are up-to-date and compliant. I also manage a team of quality co-ordinators dedicated to ensuring the quality of our products are manufactured to the exacting standards our customers require.
YOU’VE BEEN TASKED WITH DEVELOPING OUR TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS WITH PARTICULAR FOCUS ON OUR FIRE DOORS. COULD YOU TELL US MORE?
As our fire doorsets are a growing and integral part of our business, for both Unity Doors and JCK Joinery, I’m currently focusing on the development of our technical certification. I’m committed to ensuring product testing and certification compliance is maintained and in line with legislation.
CAN YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT THE ACCREDITATIONS UNITY GROUP HAS IN PLACE?
There are a number in place which are all essential with third party certification. This provides our customers with complete peace of mind in the quality and technical integrity of the composite and timber doorsets we manufacture;
- ‘Secured by Design’ membership for all product ranges
- BSI (British Standards Institution) Kitemarked Enhanced Security Composite Door Manufacturer
- BM Trada Q-Marked Enhanced Security Composite Door Manufacturer
- Bluesky Dual Certification – Enhanced security/fire integrity scheme for Composite Fire Door Manufacturer
- BM Trada Certification – Enhanced security/fire integrity scheme for Timber Fire Door Manufacturer
- Fire and smoke testing of doorsets to provide compliance evidence for 3rd party application and classification reports for IFCC and BM Trada
- UKCA scheme memberships with IFCC and BM Trada
- 3rd party certification for Fire door manufacture with IFCC and BM Trada
- ACDM (Association of Composite Door Manufacturers)
- ISO 9001 accreditation with BSI
I spent the past 21 years accumulating knowledge and experience working in the doors industry, having previously worked for a rival composite door manufacturer. Prior to this, I worked in architectural roles for local government and in private practice.
TELL US SOMETHING WE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I’m a complete car nut! From being a young child I’ve loved cars. I’m currently in the process of rebuilding a TVR Griffith. Unfortunately, it’s an on and off project – as life keeps getting in the way.
I’m also extremely proud of my family; Becs, my wife and 7 year old daughter Florence. We also have Corby the dog, Treacle the cat and Mabel the rabbit. Other passions include being a proud supporter of Manchester United FC and an avid lover of all types of music.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay ahead of everything that’s happening at Unity Group by subscribing to our newsletter.